Monday, November 16, 2009

I didn't know I could recycle that!


Ah, recycling:  the green gateway drug.  Here's a roundup of some links I've been collecting on how to recycle obscure items...  

Compact Discs (CDs) www.cdrecyclingcenter.org/

Yoga Mats www.theboldermatcompany.com (refurbishes and donates yoga mats to charity and gives you a $5 coupon for the website)

10 things you didn't know you could recycle (toothbrushes, wine corks)
http://climate.weather.com/articles/recycle021508.html?page=1
 

75 things you didn't know you could compost
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/home-garden/surprising-compost-items.html


And for any fellow equestrians cleaning out their attics:  horse show ribbons www.ribbonrehab.com and Hodges Badge company.  (in Horse & Rider magazine I saw an article about donating ribbons to theraputic riding charities, but now I can't find the link:  consider this option also!)  


The other day my housemate pointed out that we rarely put out more than one trash bag per week, compared to our neighbors' two to five trash bags.  If we had to pay per trash bag like some of my friends in other states, we'd be saving a lot of money! 
.




No comments: