Thursday, January 14, 2010

Go granola


Well, if I’m going to be a hippie, I guess I should start collecting granola recipes.  Tired of eating sugary, expensive, processed cereal every morning.  Here’s a good one I baked up tonight that made the house smell delicious…

Maple granola, from Martha Stewart magazine
3c rolled oats
1c dried unsweetened coconut chips
1c pecans or walnuts
½ c pure maple syrup
½ c extra virgin olive oil
½ c packed light brown sugar
¼ c sesame seeds
1 tsp coarse salt
¾ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
½ c golden raisins

Preheat oven to 300F
Mix together everything except raisins.
Spread granola in an even layer on a jelly roll pan.
Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Add raisins and bake 10 minutes more.
Let cool before storing.  Can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.

ALM note:  I forgot to put in the raisins and decided I prefer non-raisin granola anyway.

No comments: