Monday, December 14, 2009

Steven Chu goes to Copenhagen


I was surfing around the Department of Energy website today and discovered that Energy Secretary Steven Chu is on Facebook!  You too can become a fan.

You can track his travels and view powerpoint presentations like this one he just gave at Copenhagen this week.

The infrared photo on this post illustrates the sort of technologies he mentioned in the context of rolling out home energy outreach programs, iPhone apps, and building energy modeling software.

There are also some neat images of the world map, showing areas of heavy energy use and population density, which reminded me of maps I've seen at www.darksky.org

Incidentally, here's the page I was looking for during my surf:  energy saving tips for consumers, and plenty of other links nearby like www.energysavers.gov and the EERE blog ...


No comments: